Tuesday 26 November 2019

The Muse - Sew La Di La Vintage


Caroline of Sewladilavintage has done it again

Anyone who follows me knows my love of a great jumpsuit and I first discovered ‘Margo Playsuit’ early into my 4 year sewing journey. It has a vintage look and it’s so flattering to wear. It’s one of my all time favourites. I love to Pattern hack and I’ve used the trouser pattern lots on other jumpsuits I’ve made.

Back to the dress that is named ‘The Muse’. I have been given a PDF copy in return for my thoughts in this blog. It has two views basically with or with out the frills. It’s has a princess line bodice that you have the option to line or face. I choose the latter. I cut out a  size 12  as this match my measurements exactly. I am fortunate I never really need to adapt many patterns. 

 I have recently discovered a new online fabric shop called Selvedge and Bolts. Dibs is sourcing the most amazing fabrics a lot of it is ex designers such as Vivienne Westwood and Escada to name a few I may have purchased... for this pattern I love the intensity of the colours and of course the florals I have an addiction! I have selected this satin for  ‘My Muse’ it’s more suitable for a wedding or the races but I never feel you can be over dressed so I’m sure I it will get a lot of wear. 



The fabric was beautiful to sew but I tried to take a short cut with the zip and inserted it with reinforcement hence unpick interface and re apply the zip. 



The pattern pieces fitted together perfectly. I have a full cup size 32F so I needed to adjust slightly under the bust and I also have a sway back so again I took this in slightly to help the fit.


This dress pattern is a must for Sewist’s like myself who love the chance to play about and add your own creativity details that make it completely you! I posted a few options on insta stories to help me decide on the final length of the sleeves with the frill. I also opted to add the same width frill on the bottom of the dress. 






How lucky am I to have a super talented photographer friend Nikki who lives 2 mins away from me and captured how beautiful this dress and the details I have added.

I’m thrilled with the way it has worked out and will definitely be making another in an everyday type of fabric... so watch my grid @jenlegg4 




Thanks for reading my first ever personal blog post ! 

1 comment:

  1. While we don't need to depend on sewing machines to fulfill our fundamental dress requirements, an ever increasing number of individuals today go to sewing to make extraordinary, rich, unique pieces. Each family has that hand weaved grandma's decorative spread or a hand-made blanket, and these pieces are pretty much as appreciated as the most refined high fashion manifestations. https://www.sewingartisan.com/reviews/melco-bravo-x-16-needle-review/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding me via the link from Simple Sewing Magazine.  I don’t use this forum so you can find me via the links below.  ...