Wednesday 5 February 2020

Fabric Styles

Again IG feeds my daily creativity fix (whom I trying to kid) HOURLY!  I come across a post @fabricstyles asking for collaborations. Have you seen their grid it’s full of colour which equals me! 

You had to register interest and they came back to me asking how I would like to work with them and promote the fabric they would gift to me to make a project. 
I obviously ticked the requirements and choose this beautiful Divine Rose, basically because I love a floral print and orange and pink is my most favourite colour clash! 


I was given 2 metres of this super soft scuba and it arrived rather swiftly 
I combined sewing and making with a jumpsuit workshop I was running at TeesCreatives so again I was really quick in getting this project completed. (Always takes me longer to write about it!)


I was a pattern tester for Athinka at AK patterns and I absolutely loved the Abi Jumpuit. It can be made mainly on a overlocker so it’s super speedy. 


Just be careful when using Scuba Fabric as it can have different variations of stretch so if it lacks stretch you need to size up as I did with this one. Otherwise you will be disappointed when it is to small and you will struggle to get it on as this pattern doesn’t require any fastenings like zips etc...


I made the size 12 and has enough fabric for my jumpsuit but not enough for the optional belt. The fit of this looks great without it phew... 








The fabric is lovely quality and pre-washed really well. I do not for see any piling that can occur with less quality Scuba. 


Thank you Styles Fabric as a hairdresser I tend to wear black but it’s really not me . This however is and as glamorous as this print is it looks feminine and special to wear at work.  
Equally I can dress it up so a great stable item In my ever growing wardrobe.

Thank you for trusting me with your beautiful fabric @fabricstyles 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for finding me via the link from Simple Sewing Magazine.  I don’t use this forum so you can find me via the links below.  ...