Wednesday 5 February 2020

WOW Fabrics


For my second blog for Wow fabrics I fed my floral obsession and chose this beautiful print. 

Link to fabric

Wow fabrics offers a unique opportunity to pick your print then the option to have the print sublimated onto a chose of 16 different fabric types. 

I had just bought the Hey June Sheridan Sweater  it requires stretch knit fabric. I choose a loop backed fabric and honestly it’s super soft and the print is amazing the loop back remains white.




 I received the fabric on the Friday I was wearing it on the Sunday as it’s a super speedy make. It was warm to wear in a chilly York at Christmas. 


I only requested 1.5 metres but I actually received 3 metres so after the Christmas madness I thought I would make the most of it and use this to make the most comfortable lounge/sewing outfit. (Improvement from sewing in my pyjamas)


For my wide leg pants I hacked one of my favourites #abijumpsuit. By using the bottoms wide leg pattern and adding inch to the waistline. Originally I thought I would add elastic but I stumbled upon this wrap feature (like you do!) I decided to incorporate.   



 To achieve the tie I cut out 4 pieces (2 for each side) Arching the shape at the ends, then I placed the right sides tougher and left the opening at the straight edge as it will be sewn in with the side seam. Length of width and length is totally up to your preference. 



The majority of both the makes featured are made up on my Janome Airlock Overlocker. Which equals professional super speedy makes.
For lots of tips on using knit fabric visit Seamwork

I love the look and feel of this two piece and even though it’s a faux jumpsuit if feeds my jumpsuit addiction. 






Thanks again for trusting me with your fabric @wowfabrics I’m super excited about my next one as I’ve teamed up with Katie klbdesignhouse who is currently making some of my paintings into Surface design ready to print onto my next project in exchange Katie fell in love with my #wildergown @thefridaypatterncompany so I’m making her one! It’s lovely to share our skills 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for finding me via the link from Simple Sewing Magazine.  I don’t use this forum so you can find me via the links below.  ...